February 25, 2009

Part 1~Many are on a Divine Detour!

I can't give anyone credit for this cause I'm not sure where it came from, except that a mighty prayer intercessor in Greensboro, NC gave it to me and said, "Sister, does this have your name on it?? All I know is it isn't my work, but, yes, it definitely had my name on it. Is your name on it, too?? Do you wonder why it seems you are kinda like wandering, with no apparent direction or purpose?? Read on, my friend and let the Lord speak to you.........

I was driving to a lunch appointment with a Pastor when I came upon a detour. Because of the detour, traffic became snarled and I was barely moving. I checked the time and knew that if this traffic didn't clear up soon, I was going to be late. I almost fell into an irritated state, when God's presence came upon me. I sensed the Father saying, “I have placed many of My children on a Divine Detour and they do not know it.” SOME ARE FACING UNEXPECTED ROAD BLOCKS IN THEIR WALK WITH GOD... Generally, everything seemed to be going smoothly for you. Most battles were easily won and temptations (although constant) didn't usually trip you (1 Corinthians 10:13). Then all hell broke loose. Those things that you used to handle with ease suddenly overwhelmed you and you wondered, Where did your strength go (Psalm 6:2)? So there you are, called by God and following His plans the best you knew how, when things start to go downhill. Your spirit used to soar with enthusiasm, but now it is hard to get out of bed. Fear not, God is preparing something new for you, but to bring it forth (here comes that word), pruning must take place (John 15:2). You didn't ask for this, but now you must fight the battle (Ephesians 6:11-12). You must bite the bullet and keep moving forward--tremendous rewards await you if you do not quit (Philippians 1:6). You decide to keep moving (Philippians 4:13). God nods His approval. SOME THINK THEY ARE HARDLY MOVING AND SEE NO PROGRESS AT ALL... You are wrong! If God would have allowed you to keep on the same old path you were on (Proverbs 14:12), you would have missed the opportunity (and blessings) He is about to show you. Often, God forcefully detours us so we will head into the harvest He has for us (John 4:38). Sometimes, more is accomplished in the spiritual realm when He makes us wait (Isaiah 40:31) than when we are “busy for God.” Don't panic because nothing seems to be happening. He has pushed the “divine pause button” to bring you to Him and sit in His presence, something He has been trying to get you to do for some time now (Matthew 11:28-30). Yes, you are moving, only this time He is carrying you. Yes, progress is being made, but this time He is directing it. You prayed for this long ago, so don't fight it. You now relax...as He takes over!



Part 2 is coming soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment